The Scrum Master Advanced training helps you to achieve even better results with your Scrum team.
What does the Scrum Master Advanced training entail?
As a more experienced Scrum Master, a part of your role is to help management, other Scrum Masters, Product Owners and Scrum teams in your organization to get more out of Agile and Scrum. That is why it is imperative that you have in-depth knowledge and skills management that is necessary to gain credibility to achieve your goal. This training helps you to gain this knowledge and skills.
During the training your trainer will share more insights, experiences, exercises, facilitating methods (such as “Liberating structures”) and pitfalls with you. It is about gaining crucial knowledge and tools that help you as an experienced Scrum Master to cope with challenges in the further development of your Scrum Teams and the environment in which your teams operate. Because your teams and your environment will expect you to make more impact and apply different styles to be effective.
Styles such as:
- The Scrum Master as a teacher
- The Scrum Master as a coach and mentor
- The Scrum Master as a facilitator
- The Scrum Master as a Change Agent
As an experienced Scrum Master, you are able to recognize different situations and to identify and apply the most effective style that is required in each situation. During the training, your trainer will also provide you with coaching on the challenges that the students experience.
The training lasts two days and is given in a number of blocks based on a list of topics, questions and practical situations prioritized by participants.
The training is suitable for all Scrum Masters and Scrum Coaches with at least 6 months of practical experience. This training provides also a good basis for those who have ambitions as an Agile Coach. In addition, this training also provides good exam preparation for obtaining the certificates Certified Scrummaster Advanced (via Scrum Alliance) and Professional Scrum Master II (via Scrum.org).
The following topics will be discussed according to need and interest:
- Better understanding and applying Scrum framework (Empirical process, Scrum values, Roles, Events, Artifacts, Done)
- You as Scrum Master or Agile Coach (International Agile Framework and growth path of Scrum Master)
- Developing people and teams (Self-organizing teams, Facilitating, Leadership styles, Coaching and Mentoring)
- Agile product and portfolio management (Product Vision, Road Mapping and Release planning, Product value, Product Backlog Management)
- Professional development and delivery of products (Emergent software development, technical risk management, continuous quality improvement)
- Evolution of Agile organization (Organization design and structure, Evidence-Based Management)
- Case studies introduced by participants and/or trainer
- Teaching material
- Various articles and material is used and shared during the training. In addition, a recommended reading list is available for those who want to read more about the topics discussed.
After completing this training you can continue with self-study and gaining practical experience. It is also possible to participate in an open assessment online. Also, inquires about our exam training that focuses on the certification exams of e.g. scrum.org.
In addition to CSM or PSM I, you also need at least six months of experience as a Scrum Master.
Open registration for a two-day training, including course material and lunch, is excl. VAT = € 1,025 per person. Total including VAT = € 1,240.25 per person.
After completion of the training, a Dimensions Training certificate will be issued as proof of participation.