What does the Scrum Product Owner Advanced training entail?
Being a Product Owner involves more than just developing or managing a product backlog. Product Owners must have a good understanding of all aspects of product ownership to get more value from their products.
Scrum Product Owner Advanced is a two-day training that focuses on all these areas to teach participants how to maximize the value of products and systems.
In this course, participants will develop and strengthen their knowledge of product ownership by gaining new knowledge, tools, insights and team-based exercises. The breadth of responsibilities of the role of Product Owner in delivering a successful product will become clearer from an Agile perspective. Defining and using metrics are identified to track the creation of value and the successful delivery of the product to the market.
Form of training
This training lasts two days and consists of (plenary) discussions, practical exercises and real-life cases.
The training is suitable for anyone who wants to know more about the role of Product Owner, Business Owner, business unit managers, product manager, account manager or division manager. In addition, this training is a good exam preparation for obtaining Certified Product Owner Advanced (via Scrum Alliance) and Professional Scrum Product Owner II (via Scrum.org).
Depending on need and interest, the following topics can be dealt with as needed:
- Better understanding and applying Scrum framework (Empirical process, Scrum values, Roles, Events, Artifacts, Done)
- Your growth path as a Product Owner and the required skills (knowledge transfer, facilitation, stakeholder management, business and technical competence, agile / scrum practices)
- Agile product and portfolio management (Product Vision, Release planning, Product value, Product Backlog Management)
- Professional development and delivery of products (Emergent software development, technical risk management)
- Evidence Based Management
- Questions or practical cases brought in by participants and / or trainer
Various articles and material is used and shared during the training. In addition, a recommended reading list is available for further study after your training.
After completing this training you can continue with self-study and gaining practical experience. It is also possible to participate in an open assessment online. Also inquire about our exam training that focuses on the certification exams of, among others, scrum.org.
In addition to Certified Product Owner or PSPO I, you also need at least six months of experience as a Product Owner or similar work experience.
Open registration for two-day training including course material and lunch excl. VAT = € 1025 per person. Total including VAT = € 1,240.25 per person.
After completion of the training, a Dimensions Training certificate will be issued as proof of participation.