Would you like you and your team to receive the well-deserved appreciation from clients and management for your project results?
What does the Agile Project Management Foundation training entail?
Agile project management is a popular and effective way of working on a project basis. With Agile partial results are delivered in short periods (timeboxes). As a project manager, you manage a project differently with the Agile method compared to a more traditional project method, such as the Prince2 method. In this two-day course Agile Project Management Foundation, you’ll learn to apply smart Agile project methods, processes, and tools to manage Agile projects. With these tools and methods you remain flexible and you’ll be able to switch between your projects quickly. With this method, you’re able to deliver value despite (or nevertheless) continuous changes. According to the Standish Group research agency, the Agile approach to complex projects is more effective than the traditional approach. Agile Project Management Foundations is based on the latest version of the Dynamic System Development Method (DSDM Atern).
As an Agile project manager you deal with the following questions:
How do you ensure better, faster and cheaper project results?
How do you transform traditional project management styles into the Agile way of working within your project team(s)?
How do you choose the best project approach and ensure a high performing Agile project team(s)?
How do you lead a self-organizing team(s)?
…and much more.
On the first day of the Agile Project Management Foundation, you’ll become familiar with the philosophy and basic principles of Agile project management and Scrum. What are the advantages, disadvantages and success factors of Agile work? What does an Agile project design look like? Which roles and responsibilities must be determined? What structure does an Agile project team have?
On the second day, you will start working with the Agile project management methodology. Based on your daily practical examples, you learn to apply the Agile framework and the successful use of tools, such as the MoSCow method and timeboxing.
Setup of the Agile Project Management Foundation course
The following topics are covered in the training Agile Project management Foundation:
- Agile philosophy and principles
- Agile functions and applications
- Agile versus traditional project management
- Agile, Scrum and DSDM
- Advantages, disadvantages and success factors of Agile works
- Scrum teams: roles, responsibilities and structure
- Agile management style and project leadership.
- Project phasing: The steps in an Agile project
- Project planning & control: Structuring and timeboxing
- Applying priorities: The MoSCow method
More tools for Agile projects
Scrum teams: communication and collaboration
Official Agile Project Management Foundation exam preparations.
The Agile Project Management Foundation course was developed in an Agile environment for project managers, but the training is also interesting for e.g. information managers, business analysts, functional designers, product developers and software engineers.
After the Agile Project management Foundation training:
- you have knowledge about the Agile methodology and philosophy;
- you know the advantages, disadvantages and possibilities of Agile project management;
- you know the differences between Agile project management and other project management methods, such as Prince2;
- you are able to implement Agile project management in an organization;
- you know which Agile techniques and tools are applicable in which situation;
- you know the processes and team roles within Agile project management;
- you know what the Agile framework entails and how you apply it;
- you are able to manage projects with Agile project management successfully;
- you can successfully collaborate within Agile project teams;
- you can identify and reduce risks in an Agile project;
- you are able to structure projects adequately using the MoSCoW method;
- you are perfectly prepared for the official Agile Project Management Foundation exam.
No specific prior knowledge is required to participate in the Agile Project Management Foundation course. Some project management knowledge is useful, but not necessary.
Open registration for a one-day training course, including course material and lunch, will be (excl. VAT) € 475 per person. Total including VAT = € 574.75 per person.
After training completion, a Dimensions Training certificate is issued as a participation certificate.